Big Phil Scolari has named his squad for the Confederations Cup. No place for Kaka or Ronaldinho in quite a young squad. I haven’t been following the State Championships so can’t offer too much in the way of opinion but a few things have caught my attention. Thoughts and comments from those in the know obviously welcome:
- Why Jadson? Are things really that bad? Anybody know what his forms been like for Sao Paulo?
- Bernard yes. Ronaldinho no. They both play for Atletico-MG. No doubts who is the bigger star (and more influential player) so I’m assuming this is one for the future
- I’m not overjoyed about Fernando being the holding midfielder and it’s a bit strange that Jean has been called up as a full back. He’s normally a holding midfielder – has he been playing there for Flu?
- What about Rafael at Santos between the sticks? What has happened to him?
- Is Ganso still playing like an idiot at Sao Paulo? Or sitting on the bench and not playing, like an idiot?
- I’ve always thought Luiz Gustavo was quite good. Saying that he doesn’t always start for Bayern. Must be better than Fernando, surely
- Why Rever (Atletico-MG) and not Dede (Cruzeiro)?
Goalkeepers: Julio César (QPR), Jefferson (Botafogo) and Diego Cavalieri (Fluminense).
Defenders: Daniel Alves (Barcelona), Jean (Fluminense), Marcelo (Real Madrid), Filipe Luis (Atlético Madrid) Thiago Silva (PSG), Réver (Atlético-MG), David Luiz (Chelsea) and Dante (Bayern Munich).
Midfielders: Fernando (Grêmio), Hernanes (Lazio), Luiz Gustavo (Bayern Munich), Paulinho (Corinthians), Jadson (São Paulo), Oscar (Chelsea) and Lucas Moura (PSG)
Forwards: Hulk (Zenit), Bernard (Atlético-MG), Leandro Damião (Internacional), Fred (Fluminense) and Neymar (Santos).
Brazil will play Japan (15th June), Mexico (19th June) and Italy (22nd June) in the first round of the competition.
And they play two friendlies before that starts against England (2nd June) and France (9th June).
Leave a comment below – join the debate!